As an IoT Firmware Engineer, you develop IoT devices that save lives. Literally.
We believe technology can help increase the safety of frontline workers in logistics, construction and oil & gas. So we created Rombit ONE and our Rombit M-Anchor to help prevent physical harm and lethal injury.
As a Firmware Engineer, you are an essential part of our team. You support the development of our Rombit ONE smart badge and other IoT products.
Your skill set
You have at least 3 years proven experience.
- You’ve worked on production-grade solutions, not only prototypes
- You’re capable of interpreting datasheets
- You have experience with firmware development on battery-constrained devices
- C is your mother tongue
- You know how to overcome FreeRTOS challenges
- You don’t freak out when discussing HAL, BSP and driver solutions
- AT commands, SPI interaction and CAN protocols don’t scare you off
- You can define and implement more complex algorithms
- You know how to test embedded devices
- A good understanding of UWB or telecommunication services is a plus
- Having experience with ML on embedded devices is also a bonus
- Understanding of version control systems
- Educated to degree level – computer science, electrical/electronic engineering
- You have a can-do attitude
You’ll work in a challenging and fun scale-up environment with a proven international track record and an international footprint.
- A spot in a dynamic product team, with room for your input. The more, the better!
- Competitive salary with numerous advantages on top of that: mobility budget, insurances, bike leasing, eco cheques…
- A personalized training budget, frequent knowledge sharing sessions and meetups
- Autonomy, self-steering, openness, trust and flexibility
- A modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp, easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of).
- And don’t forget the ping pong sessions, team buildings…