This Privacy Statement is applicable to the website of http://www.rombit.com (“Website”), exploited by Rombit NV, having its registered office in Belgium, Meir 30, 2000 Antwerp and registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0846.801.288 (“Rombit”).
Rombit considers the protection of the personal privacy extremely important. Rombit wishes to inform and respect you as much as possible, and give you as much control as possible about what happens with your personal data.
Generally we don’t store or ask you for your personal data unless we need it, and we don’t share your data with anyone except to develop our products and services, comply with the law or protect our rights. Your personal data and your privacy are protected by Rombit in conformance with the Belgian and European law regarding the protection of privacy.
This Privacy Statement is a part of the General Terms and Conditions of Rombit, and has to be read carefully. This Statement does not only describe your rights, but also the ways in which you can exercise these rights. By using the website and providing your personal data, you explicitly agree with the way in which your personal data is collected and processed, as described in this Privacy Statement.
1. What personal data is collected and processed?
Rombit processes several types of personal data (“Information”), dependent on the services you use on the Website:
- personal information via a contact form, such as name, e-mail address, phone number, gender, country of residence, language preferences, company name and job title;
- technical information, such as IP-address, and browser type
2. What are personal data used for?
Rombit uses your personal data to
- enable you to use the Website correctly in accordance with your personal settings;
- generate anonymous statistics about the Website;
- improve the Website of to provide statistical information to third parties;
- communicate with you about Rombit and related products and services via direct communication methods, or via generic or personal advertisements on other websites;
- register you into our corporate database for follow-up commercial and administrative actions;
3. Sharing or personal data
By accessing our Website, you accept that your personal data may be available to Rombit employees, contractors and affiliated companies, in or outside Belgium, that need to know in order to execute services that have been described in Article 2.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties, except in the cases mentioned in article 10.
If you notice that other cookies are being stored via our Website, we thank you for warning us immediately, in order for us to make the right adjustments.
By changing the settings of your Internet browser, you can receive notifications each time cookies are being sent, or even avoid cookies to be constructed or stored on your computer’s hard drive. However, Rombit cannot guarantee the access and operation of the Website if the storage of cookies is disabled by your Internet browser.
5. Google Analytics
6. Retention period and location of personal data
Rombit applies the following retention period of your personal data:
- personal information provided in a contact form: retention period of maximum 5 years;
- cookies: retention period of maximum 365 days as of the creation of the cookie(s).
Your personal data may be stored in a country outside of the EU.
7. Security measures
Rombit has established several security measures to avoid the loss, wrong use or alteration of your personal data. To do so, Rombit uses advanced systems and access rights to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. In no event will Rombit be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages that result from a wrongful or illicit use of the personal data by a third party.
8. Your rights
You have the right to request what personal data we have of you, for free and at all times, and to have it improved, adjusted or deleted if required. You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to Rombit NV, Meir 30, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium.
9. Changes to this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be changed at any time. Changes are published on the Website, as to keep you updated at all times on the information we collect, how we use and in what way we share that information. Changed versions of this Privacy Statement take effect 10 days after the publication thereof on the Website.
10. Approval for release
You acknowledge and explicitly give permission to Rombit to disclose your Information if required by law, or if Rombit in good faith beliefs that such an action is necessary to
- comply to an active legal procedure, court order or legal process with regard to the Website;
- enforce the General Terms and Conditions of Rombit;
- react to damage claims against Rombit in relation with your Information infringing the rights of third parties;
- safeguard the rights, title and security of Rombit, her staff and employees, users and the public.
Rombit may also publish Information about you to the police, legal authorities or any other official government department, if Rombit in good faith beliefs this to be required or useful, in relation to a fraud investigation, intellectual property violation, or any other damaging action, or if Rombit may reasonably suspect such an action could expose either Rombit or yourself to liability.
11. Legislation and competent courts
This Privacy Statement is governed, interpreted and implemented in accordance with Belgian law, which exclusively applies in case of a potential dispute. The courts of the legal district of Antwerp, department Antwerp, are exclusively competent to rule on each and every dispute that may derive from the interpretation or from the implementation of this Privacy Statement.