As a Java Product Engineer you join a self-steering product team. Together with the Product Manager and Product Designer, you’re part of a close-knit team that is able to come up with the best solution for our customers both in terms of technical implementation and user experience. Driven by profound knowledge and passion for development, back-end developers at Rombit lend color to the current set of frameworks and technologies for our solution use-cases.
You are able to take responsibility for the backend of our product, to select the right technologies and tools to build the solution within our set of core technologies, and turn those into a working solution for the client.
You are responsible for the quality of your code and are able to improve on existing code through refactoring. You are adept at test-driven development and are able to write clear unit tests and integration tests.
You are able to work in an agile environment and will review the work of your peers in order to provide them with constructive feedback.
Your skill set
You have at least 2 years proven experience, and present expertise in:
- A problem-solving attitude
- Java/Spring Boot
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Full stack experience is a plus
You get extra points if you master:
- Setting up application architectures
- Basic DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Agile and test-driven development
- Knowledge of how to structure REST APIs
- Experience in data engineering is a plus (SQL data management)
- Basic understanding of UML (ERD, sequence diagram, flowchart)
- Experience with SCRUM
You’ll work in a challenging and fun scale-up environment with a proven international track record and an international footprint.
- A spot in a dynamic product team, with room for your input. The more, the better!
- Competitive salary with numerous advantages on top of that: mobility budget, insurances, bike leasing, eco cheques…
- A personalized training budget, frequent knowledge sharing sessions and meetups
- Autonomy, self-steering, openness, trust and flexibility
- A modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp, easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of).
- And don’t forget the ping pong sessions, team buildings…